Bowling Green, Ky. — Sun Belt Conference play rolls on Thursday night at 7:00 (CT), as WKU hosts UALR in a matchup of two teams who each return four starters from last season’s squads.
The Hilltoppers are coming off a 23-point home defeat to Georgia State in their last outing and have won eight of the last 10 matchups against the Trojans but dropped both meetings last season. The Trojans, picked to finish sixth in the Sun Belt Conference Preseason Coaches Poll, return four starters and eight letterwinners from last year’s squad that finished 17-15 overall and 11-9 in the SBC West.
Thursday’s game is a matchup of two solid defensive squads, as UALR ranks second in the Sun Belt Conference in field goal percentage defense (.425), while WKU sits third (.428).
WKU finishes its three-game conference homestand Saturday night at 7:00 (CT) against Arkansas State.
Thursday's game will be televised by the Hilltopper Sports Satellite Network, airing nationally on ESPN3 and ESPN Full Court and regionally on WKU PBS in the Bowling Green area and WBNA in Louisville. It will be broadcast on the radio on the Hilltopper IMG Sports Network, airing locally in Bowling Green on WKLX-FM Sam 100.7.
Single-game tickets for the 2013-14 season and various multiple-game packages are on sale now. Fans interested in purchasing single-game tickets or multiple-game packages can call the WKU Ticket Office at 1-800-5-BIG RED or 745-5222 locally, or order online at WKUSports.com.
To download the full version of game notes for the game, CLICK HERE.
WKU (10-6, 2-1 SBC) vs. UALR (8-8, 3-1 SBC)
January 16, 2014 // 7:00 PM (CT)
Bowling Green, Ky. // E.A. Diddle Arena (7,326)
Radio: Hilltopper IMG Sports Network • Randy Lee (pxp), Hal Schmitt (analysis)
Television: ESPN3 / ESPN Full Court / WKU PBS / WBNA • Randy Lee (pxp), Hal Schmitt (analysis)
• WKU leads the Sun Belt Conference in average home attendance in 2013-14 (4,575 per game).
• WKU has won nine of its last 12 home games.
• In all 10 of their wins this season, the Hilltoppers have kept the opponent at or under 65 points.
• WKU has outrebounded its last six opponents by an average of 6.0 boards per contest.
• Three of WKU’s six losses in 2013-14 are against teams a combined 37-8 (Wichita State, 15-0; Louisville, 13-3; Ole Miss, 9-5).
• WKU has shot better than 75.0 percent from the free throw line as a team five times in 16 games in 2013-14 after doing it five times in 36 games a season ago.
• George Fant has started 46-straight games, while T.J. Price has started 38-in-a-row.
• George Fant is averaging 10.8 rebounds per game in the last five contests.
• Since the additions of Chris Harrison-Docks and Trency Jackson eight games ago on December 14 at Louisville, T.J. Price is shooting 40.0 percent from three-point range compared to 32.8 percent in the first eight games of the season.
• T.J. Price has scored in double figures in 25 of his last 28 games.
• T.J. Price has made at least one three-pointer in 29 of his last 30 games and multiple threes in 24 of the 30 contests.
• Should the 2013-14 Hilltoppers advance to the NCAA Tournament, it would mark the third time in WKU history the program has advanced to three-straight tournaments (1993-95; 2001-03).
• A Sun Belt Conference Tournament championship would give WKU two of the three instances of three-straight tournament titles in league history (UAB, 1982-84; WKU, 2001-03).
• The first 1,000 fans receive a free WKU Pom Pom.
• On Thrifty Thursday, fans can purchase two reserved bleacher seats for $15.00 or four reserved bleacher seats for $30.00.
• The Hilltopper Express Deal will also be offered by Centerplate and features one hot dog, one bag of chips and one bottle of Coke for $7.00.